THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT
DONOR PRIVACY NOTICE
This Notice explains how we obtain, use, and disclose your personal information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”).
At the S.A. Medical & Education Foundation (here after referred to as “SAME Foundation”, “us”, “we”, “our”) we are committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that your personal information is collected and used properly, discretely, lawfully and transparently.
- About the Company
The SAME Foundation is a non-profit organisation which raises funds and manages corporate social investment allocations to improve the public healthcare and education environment in South Africa.
- The information we collect.
We collect and process your personal information mainly to contact you for the purposes of understanding your corporate social investment and socio-economic development requirements and identifying how our projects can add value to your business.
- How we collect and receive your information:
- When you make a donation.
- Completing forms on our website.
- When you contact us via telephone or email.
- Commenting or messaging on our social media platforms.
- Information we collect:
- Company name or donor name.
- Contact person/s full name.
- Donor address.
- Contact numbers.
- Contact email addresses.
We collect information directly from you where you provide us with your personal details. Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional.
Website usage information may be collected using “cookies” which allows us to collect standard internet visitor usage information.
- How we use your information
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed with you.
- To provide you with information or services you request from us.
- For the processing of donation documentation which includes but is not limited to, invoices, receipts, BEE documentation, projects reports and newsletters.
- To conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis.
- For accounting, audit and record keeping purposes.
- To record your donation activity with us for donor relationship management purposes.
- For fundraising purposes via phone or email which can include the following:
- Raising funds for new projects or emergency campaigns.
- Event invitations.
- Project updates.
- Bi-Annual Newsletters.
- Disclosure of your information
Your information is collected solely for our internal use and will never be sold or given to any third party for their marketing purpose.
- We will only share your information with:
- Our staff members for administrative or training purposes.
- Our service providers while providing a service to us for you.
- Parties in response to legal process or when necessary to conduct or protect our legal rights.
- Information Security
The security of your information is of the utmost importance to us. We will strive to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorized access and use of personal information. We cannot guarantee your information’s absolute security, but we will, on an on-going basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information remains secure as possible.
- Access to your information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you or your business. You can at any time request to update, correct or delete your personal information. You will be required to provide adequate proof of identity and/or authority to act on behalf of the business before making changes to personal information we may hold. We would appreciate it if you would keep your personal information accurate.
- Retention of your information
- Transfer of your information
- We are based and operate within South Africa. The information we collect may be transferred and stored on servers outside our country where the data privacy law may be different to those in South Africa.
- The submission of your information to us via any of our online platforms or agents, represents your consent to the storage and transfer of that information.
- How to contact us
If you have any queries about this notice; you need further information about our privacy practices; wish to withdraw consent; exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact us at the numbers/addresses listed on our website.